During the April 2021 TARS meeting we were blessed to have Dr. Francisco Reyes – KK4AAV – University of Florida, Dept. of Astronomy talk on Radio Astronomy touching on the following topics:
- Brief history of the Univ. of Florida Radio Observatory (UFRO) and the closing of the UFRO.
- The observations of Jupiter’s decametric emission from UFRO and a station in Chile
- Antennas and equipment used at UFRO and the station in Chile
- Pulsar observations at UFRO and Chile and the antennas we used.
- The Radio JOVE educational, public outreach and citizen science project
- The Spectrograph User Group (SUG) network, equipment and the observations
- The small antenna and spectrograph at Rosemary Hill observatory
- Planning for the observations of the 2024 total solar eclipse in the US.